View Single Post
Old 09-26-19, 05:26 PM
hindesite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nessism
Sorry to say but your measurement method wouldn't pass muster under an ISO environment, so it would be hard to argue the ISO game if you can't provide data on that level.
Great, we are in complete agreement on that point.

What I have done is move from saying "Well, I think the frame is twisted" to "the frame looks this twisted" to "I have measured to the best of my ability the twist in the frame, and it is about this much".

Regardless, your post is confusing if on one hand you want us to define acceptable alignment tolerances, and then on the other hand you indicate that the manufacturer shares your feeling that the frame is misaligned?
While you may be confused, I don't see my post as being confusing. I have identified a significant issue with 2 frames, and that is being dealt with. Which naturally leads to the entirely separate question "just what is the acceptable tolerance for this attribute", which happens to be one of the most basic and fundamental functions of the frame. Yet nobody can tell me.

Is this a case of you having a beef with a frame manufacturer that won't warranty your frame (2nd one?) because of misalignment?
No, that is completely unfounded and incorrect speculation on your part; the retailer and manufacturer have been excellent in dealing with this, I have zero complaints or issues there.

Does the frame manufacturer carry an ISO cert?
As it happens, the frame does have a rather prominent large transfer saying "ISO 4210 Tested" :-)

What do they say is an acceptable level of misalignment?
They don't. I was hoping ISO 4210 did. That is why I'm asking the experts round here. It also happens to be the only question I'm asking - see my OP.