View Single Post
Old 01-25-16, 05:44 PM
P!N20

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,899 Times in 931 Posts
I'll play, this is my Pinarello Montello with mainly 600 Ultegra group I got for a good price a few years back. I've worked out it is a 'frame only' Montello as seen in the '85 catalogue: http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/catalog...rello85/9d.jpg. Telling features are the lack of chainstay bridge, external top tube cable guides and seat tube bidon mounts. There is no chrome under the unoriginal paint – whether it was removed or not I’m not sure. All the decals are long gone. When I got it, it had a horrid aluminium fork which I’ve since swapped out for a generic steel job, but I have managed to find an original Pinarello fork that will be going on shortly.

I’ve just removed all components and doing some light rust removal before it goes to the painter (Sun Grpahics) who will be chroming the frame and fork and giving it a coat of ‘midnight blue’ as per the original catalogue image, new decals from Cyclomondo and a clear coat.

When finished at the painters, it will be getting a Campy Chorus 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Gen 8-speed groupset. Also of note is the panto’d Pinarello Cinelli stem it came with.

I’ll throw up some pictures once it’s done.

It lives in Melbourne, Australia.