View Single Post
Old 10-07-19, 10:45 PM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
No you can't have her...

We were returning home through the downtown area of our little town and my wife said "there are two bikes at the thrift store" which we had just drove past. As I went around the block to go back and check them our she said" One of them is a Schwinn" Sure enough they both were. They were in the front window in a store with the lights out as they had just closed. The woman has a good eye! I got out to look and one was a ladies bike maybe a Suburban with chrome fenders and a 5 speed, no front derailleur. The other was a men's with a 3 speed hub. It was harder to see and I couldn't see the head badge but it said Schwinn on it. They both looked to be in really nice condition as far as I could tell in the low light. This store has always been very reasonable as far as prices go but I have never seen anything there bike wise that was interesting. I think I'll go check them out tomorrow even though I have no idea what to offer or what to do with them if I get them.