View Single Post
Old 01-27-20, 05:24 PM
Sjtaylor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 20 Posts
What to do with my Tricross?

I’m looking for advice. I’m 6’3”, 225lbs, retired and was a roadie back in the seventies. I quit cycling until a couple years ago. I bought a 2007 Tricross Comp sized 58cm, XL hoping to use it to get back into cycling. Mistakenly I thought I wanted straight bars so I swapped bars with a Sequoia elite XXL I got from my LBS. I took the straight bar Tricross out a few times. The Tricross seemed too small for me. My last ride with it I rode through a pothole lined with dried leaves, touched the front brake and got slammed. It’s been sitting ever since.

I since just bought a Giant Revolt Advanced that seems perfect for local rides in the Sierra Nevada foothills. If I felt the Tricross fit me I would reinstall the drop bar and use it when the situation warrants. Should I expect to be able to adjust things on a Specialized XL frame to fit me? My option is to try to sell it. My desire is to ride a combination of paved and gravel staying off of roads with no bike lanes. Lots of opportunities to ride gravel around here.

Thanks for any thoughts.