View Single Post
Old 09-21-17, 10:52 AM
ETOPSFLIGHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guys

Joined the forum for this thread. Time for a new bike and the 2018 Diverge fits the bill.

I like the future shock and the capability of the bike to take racks and fenders. However this bike is classified under the adventure category which means it is meant to go anywhere, ie steep climbs.

I have narrowed my choice down to the Comp E5 model as I think the alloy frame will suit me the best. Not a real fan of carbon and wish the fork steerer was alloy too. Want to upgrade the mechaincal brakes to Shimano hydros.

The gearing is the biggest problem for me. Stock may be adequate for some places but I want to be able to load this bike up with racks/bags and tackle all climbs with relative ease. While I can live with the stock gearing it would be great to stick minimum 40 cassette on the back and add a Shimano Deore 38/22 crank on the front. Some people are doing this already to their road bikes with the Wolftooth Roadlink.

My concern is the seat tube of the Comp E5, is it circular in cross section and is there sufficient space below the 'braze-on' bracket to fit a MTB clamp style derailleur? Has anybody tried the above and can confirm it can be done?

All my LBS will not stock the Diverge so I am unable to view a bike first hand. Can somebody post detailed photos of the seat tube in the area of the braze-on and BB. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Etops