Old 12-10-18, 09:32 AM
Nessism
Banned.

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Next time I'm in Michigan Doug you can expect a visit!

...in the meantime the frame is basically done. I'll get some photos up later today (hopefully). I have less than 1/2 ounce of red and white (in reduced form) leftover, and my clear is gone. Cutting it close!

Painting into the night on Sunday. Gotta love So. Calif. weather! It was getting cold for painting though - about 65F. I sprayed the clear dry over the lettering because I didn't want the white basecoat to run (I sprayed it about 1.5 hours earlier). Problem with dry clear is orange peel city though. Subsequent coats went on wetter and the orange peel started to blend away. I was down to the last few ounces of clear and trying to decide if I dared to try one more coat. Using a flashlight to check the frame (it was getting dark) when I saw a spec on the side of top tube (frame upside down)...a BUG! Rotating the frame, top tube up now, revealed track city! A very energetic bug! Dug the critter off the frame and loaded up the remaining clear. Hosed it on, heavy over the tracks, and was able to just squeak by without running out. Checked the frame this morning and it looks like most of the tracking has blended away. I might have to do a light cut and polish but pretty sure it will be okay. Wow! Never a dull moment!