View Single Post
Old 03-19-19, 07:22 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Severe Weather Apparel

I know Winter is about to come to a close but I thought I should pass along the best Severe Cold Weather Apparel I have ever found. The Jacket is an Helly Hansen Jacket called the Vanir Slidr Jacket. It is an Outer Shell with no Liner that has very high Windproofness and Waterproofness. The Technical Data giving the Ratings is on their Website. Being a Shell you do not have the Bulkiness and remains flexible with high mobility. You layer under it for the appropriate weather conditions. I went out on a ride on the Lake Front on the Levee in high humidity with the tempertature 26 degrees and the wind at 10 to 15 mph with a Tesla Compression Shirt (Great Shirt), a light Helly Hansen Base Layer and the Jacket. Not only was I not Cold with the temperature on the Lake lower then the general forecast, but was very comfortable with no claminess.

The Pant that goes with the Jacket is called the Odin Skarstind Pant. It is as good as the Jacket. Highly Windproof and Highly Waterproof while still being flexible and mobile. They are rather snugg, not baggy, but they are cut so naturally they still give you the freedom of movement to even ride with. Like the Jacket, they have Polimyde Fabric in the Wear Areas and the Wind Areas and a lighter fabric outside of that for Breathability. Great Jacket and Pant that functions and looks Great too.