View Single Post
Old 03-19-19, 01:58 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
I agree. I got the Marmott from a consignment shop, so didn't really know much about it. I paid $50. from the manufacturer: WINDSTOPPER® fabrics offer windproof and breathability, combining the comfort of a soft mid-layer and the water resistance of a shell in one garment. I should test it more harshly ...

it's not cycling specific, but fits me comfortably while riding

I don't bike commute anymore so I have the luxury of custom tuning my attire for each ride

where did you get your new jacket & how is the fit? I see it on Amazon, yikes! $400. for Ivy Green? but if it's great then you'll get your money's worth!
Marmott makes good stuff and at $50 you got a Steal. But an Outdoor Jacket has to be Waterproof, Windproof and Breathable for Comfort. Anything can happen Outdoors. Sounds like a Great Utility Jacket.

Helly Hansen's Stuff is Overpriced. But it is a Great Jacket and Pant if not a little Overpriced. But I got the Jacket on Clearance for $185 and the Pant on Clearance for $135 which is normally about $200. You have got to go on Helly Hansens Website in between Seasons, like I did Winter/Fall, and look for Clearances on their High End Stuff. Their Functional Apparell, not so much their Urban Wear, is Really Great.

The fit is the Best Part. The Jacket and the Pant fit a little Snug.I thought at first they would be too tight since I like a loose fit for mobility. But they are cut so well, so naturally, they move with you. So you have Great Mobility, even for Cycling, with no Bagginess.