View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 11:38 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3243 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Rather broad brush, stating my experience didn't happen. Were you there when I plugged my 1030 in and didn't see an external drive?

I'm not stating it's your experience, because I don't know what you went through setting yours up. I'm not calling you a liar, but your reported experience certainly didn't jive with mine.
As a long time follower of the EL&G forum and having read many threads from NJ, I can state that he (and I) follow this forum and have never read nor heard of anyone mentioning the BT setup and issues you are describing.

We are not stating you didn't have these issues but that they seem very atypical.

A requirement to HAVE a BT connection to a smartphone in order to setup and use the 1030, would be such a significant functional change in the way that the Garmin OS works, that it certainly would have been noticed in the review DC Rainmaker does on these products. If you read his review of the 1030, he doesn't mention this type of requirement.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/...th-review.html

Thus the only conclusion I can make is that this BT issue you describe is possibly just simply confusion as to what you think the BT connection does and when and how it's needed. User error in other words.