Old 12-03-19, 02:08 PM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
Are you on the edge (your limit) of how low you can presently go on your current bike? Because 18mm is less than 3/4 of an inch. Only reason I ask is because you mentioned running a 100mm to 110mm stem on your bike with similar reach as the medium...actually if I understand the above the medium has 13mm more reach. With 22mm more reach on the Large, that puts you on a 90mm stem (similar stack and assuming you are currently running a 110mm) which IMO is too short for a road bike. If you are currently running a 100mm that puts you on a 80mm stem (Way too short for a road bike. That's MTB length).
I could go lower, was going to remove the 10mm spacer on the Tarmac, but didn't feel like cutting the steerer again so I left it. I'm currently running a 100mm stem on the Tarmac, ran both 100 and 110 stems on my last bike when playing with the fit. The increase in reach on the new bike is due to the one piece cockpit, which will be 110mm regardless of which size I go with (I would prob do 100mm, but they're not available, so I either wait indefinitely or go with the 110mm). The one piece bar also has 10mm more reach than the Zipps I have on the Tarmac, so I've taken that into account.