mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 429 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisWagner
There's a Danish independent who performs technical tests on batteries, chargers, meters and other associated equipment. See this article-> Batteries with ridiculous ratings for a reasonable assessment on 18650 cells.

Personally, I've gone to 21700 cells with a neat Xtar PB2S charger/power bank -> PB2S review. It's not IPX rated but inside an Ortlieb handlebar bag works for me.
The PB2S Xtar pack looks pretty interesting. I might go that route. AMAZON lists the manufacturer as "SHENZEN".

This 18650 lists the same name: https://chicagodist.com/products/lit...y-3-7v-2200mah - click on the data sheet link to see the name.
-- not sure what that means, of the Chinese Li-batt manufacturers, I am not familiar with SHENZEN. I'm more aware of A123, BYD, CATL, and CAMEL (for automotive). I wonder if SHENZEN is tied to Winston Thunder Cloud batteries in some way..... (no, I did not make up that name)

So far I have not found anything on the ULTRALIFE folks (used to be tied to KODAK), who make the really expensive 18650 cell available through MOUSER. (not to be confused with UltraFire........ whew-boy, what a battery name....)

i'm digging this topic. cheers.