I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 1,042 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
I usually have some sort of road rage incident during most rides. But fortunately, since I started running a camera, I have come to realize that most are pretty minor, and seem much worse when I'm there on the bike, than they look on video when I get home. And most of the ones I was sure were "clearly intentional" were just "sloppy driving" with little or no malice towards me attached.

I do think it's easy to overreact to close passes, I know I sometimes do, while there are other close passes which are arguably more dangerous, that I find myself not reacting at all to. Upon reflection, I realize my own emotional state is usually the most critical factor, so I have forced myself to be more tolerant and forgiving (while still running the camera).

"No Harm, No Foul" is my motto these days, along with "Keep the camera running" and "Stay Calm". Works for me at present.
Your experience provides an example of a cyclist getting actual positive results from running a camera while riding.

Makes more sense than the hypothetical and dreamy financial gain, courtroom drama or safety benefits that some posters seem to expect.