Old 05-06-20, 07:23 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 953:

It's now been three weeks since I started working from home. Still getting up early and riding to the office (plus usually a little extra) and then riding back home before I start my work day. We're having an online company meeting tomorrow and I'm speculating the owner called the meeting to announce we'll be returning to the office in the next week or two.

This morning was 45°F with a light north wind. I took off in the opposite direction for about two miles, then turned around and headed to the office. About five miles into the ride I was going through a construction zone when I hit a rock, and immediately recognized the sound and feel of the way I hit it. Sure enough, 1/4 mile further down the MUP I had a flat rear tire.

I thought about fixing it right there, but I was only a mile and a half from home at this point. I reasoned that by the time I got it fixed I'd pretty much have to head for home to start work on time. It was just chilly enough that I didn't feel like sitting on the ground messing with it, so I walked home where I could deal with it in the comfort of my garage, with my tools and repair stand making everything easier. I pulled out the tube and patched it before I had to log in. I'll take a break later this morning and put the tube back in.

Just remembered I never posted my most recent commuting video: