Old 06-02-20, 11:59 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked 3,147 Times in 1,656 Posts
Zwift Race today, Crit City (the Dolphin one) A's. I think 22 or 23/82. It was short (like 20k) but good for 20-something minutes of hammering.

After a pretty hard start I settled into group 2. Felt fine from group 2 and pushed the pace a bit, averaged ~0.4 w/kg more than some of the others who were just sitting in. Every time I got any sort of boost/powerup I went to the front and just lined it out for a bit, except the drafting one of course. A few minutes later I jumped into a much bigger A race in Watopia (150+) around the Volcano circuit just for some more SST time. I didn't bother hammering to seed myself into a good group and I found myself in a group of 4 about halfway down and rode that at low SST for another 10 or so minutes before leaving for a cooldown.

Good times! I could see myself doing this once a week or so, and it makes getting some higher intensity work on the trainer bearable, albeit uncontrolled.

Tomorrow I'll do my 2 hr 2x Epic KOM SST free ride, then spend some time on the TT bike doing tempo on Thursday (outside).
Likes For TMonk: