View Single Post
Old 01-13-20, 11:50 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 430 Posts
Going to order some custom short sleeve speedsuits this week. I have a couple long sleeve ones, but I cannot tolerate the heat in them. Long sleeves and dark colors just kill me. Shorts sleeves may not be as aero, but aero advantages don't help if I'm dying from the heat.

Also had major issues with bikes this weekend.

Went to cut down two steertubes this weekend. They were long overdue. On the first one, I had no trouble getting out the stupid Specialized expander, but the lower headset bearing came apart when I took the fork out. Not sure how that happened. This bike largely sits on the trainer. So, I have to order a complete new headset because the Allez Sprint uses a weird size and the lower is not available on its own.

On the second steertube, the Specialized expander would not come out. I followed the standard protocol - which worked on the first bike. Instead, it went farther down and is full stuck there. I think the shop installed it wrong, because the angled plug appears to be upside down - which means I should have pulled it out instead of pushing it in. Fortunately, it's far enough down that I can insert another expander over it. Not ideal, but it saves me from buying a new fork.

Then I went to do a complete overhaul of my main road bike - new cables, housing, chain, bar tape, brake pads. It was a bit overdue, even if everything other than the brake pads functioned fine. Well, the lower headset bearing on that one is pretty worn out. Makes more sense on this one as the bike has been ridden a lot over the last six years and water and grime gets up in there. So, I have to order a new one - I can get just the lower bearing for this one. Not a big deal. More annoyingly, the screw that holds the cover to access the cables under the BB just spins. I guess the rivet it screws into has come loose, so I cannot remove the screw. I was able to rotate the plastic cover to access it, but this is the third screw on this frame to do that. (The other two are for mounting an external batter pack, which I don't use, so not a big deal, but still annoying.)
Likes For topflightpro: