View Single Post
Old 02-25-15, 08:29 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I received my new Genesis bike today. I unboxed it and that's about it. I ran around a lot today and didn't feel like doing the inevitable adjustments. I weighed it with my luggage scale and it measured 27.1 and 27.2 lbs after multiple attempts. I couldn't stop it from light swinging before the scale would hold the reading.

First impressions.
The loop stand was bent at the flat plate but not collapsed like another poster's bike. It was twisted around the mounting bolt. I took pictures but I couldn't get them to load and I don't have the patience tonight. I will post later. I bent the loop back without issue. It was not cracked. I don't have an issue with it. The paint cracked in this area but it's still structurally sound.

The paint is very nice. I have an old Cannondale and this paint is rich and wet looking like that. Photos are not going to do justice to it. I'm very impressed. The clear plastic stickers to avoid contact scratches give it a nicely finished look. Even Brompton owners add their own clear cover stickers to protect against contact marks. So this is a nice thing to have pre applied.

The joints are a little stiff. I will lube them and try at another time. But right now it feels awkward to fold.

It does not have the look of a cheap bike. It has a much better appearance than the bikes in stock at Walmart. Other than the stamped rear derailleur (maybe grips and seat) it looks more expensive than it is.

Can't wait to ride it but snow is coming tonight so there isn't any rush to tune it up.

I have to thank Atombikes with clearing the path and finding this diamond in the rough. I would have bought something else and I think I would have been less satisfied.