View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 11:05 AM
michigan0626

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It would be on paved bike paths and sidewalks only. There are bike paths within the city i am moving to (which is within a quarter mile of the house I am buying), they're just not all connected or flow without having to backtrack to go down a different path. Within a half hour drive there is a trailhead of a 39 mile paved bike trail, which would be a long term goal. And within 15 minutes is a 5 mile loop bike trail around a lake.

Southern Minnesota is pretty flat, unlike Northern New Hampshire which has tons of mountain biking. So it will be easier for me put in longer mileage i think.

My ultimate goal is to lose enough weight and get in shape enough from biking to start adding in jogging; to eventually complete an Ironman. Its a bucket list life goal since i was a kid. But I realize now its better to come up with smaller more manageable goals leading to an ultimate goal. So besides committing to spending a certain amount of time X number of days, my first realistic goal is to bike the 5 mile loop with a 7 RPE without slowing down.