Old 05-29-20, 06:00 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
I have an REI about 30 min. from me. But, I don't buy any bike related stuff there. I haven't had any significant issues but I attribute that to proper set up from the start from the local LBS. And, if I have to take a bike back for the initial service I've never been charged. One advantage with an LBS is that any money I do spend there stays in the community. It doesn't go to corporate whatever.
So the people that work for REI aren't part of the community? I know people that work there part time because their health insurance is great for instance.

Proper set up is great, but if the bike fails, or you thought it comfortable, and long term it's not then what. Better make sure?

I am not discouraging people from patronizing their LBS. But you do not get the guarantees with an LBS. That might be fine for certain people, but not for others.

Many may not have the means to be so charitable as others on here........

(I think I have $250 in my current bike, and it's the most I have ever had in a bike, and that includes the price I paid for the bike, I have flipped many bikes though)

Last edited by StarBiker; 05-29-20 at 06:06 PM.