Old 05-02-11, 01:56 PM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vXhanz
Adam, is there nothing you can do to save the beast or is your significant other dead set against it?
It does take up a lot of space in the hallway. I can keep one bike and a trailer in my room but I can't keep a BD in here, so it sits in the hallway and it is indeed an obstruction. She also sees no advantage over my trailer.

Originally Posted by qmsdc15
Can you leave it at your girlfriend's place and tell your wife you sold it?

Haha

I never drank the koolaid. Giving your wife (and/or girlfriend) a ride on it is the only thing you can do with a long bike that you can't do with with a trailer. If's she's not into it, what's the point?

I totally agree about the advantages of trailer vs. long bike. Concerning handling, I can easily do no-handed track stands with three hundred pounds on my trailer. I can carry much bigger loads than a Dummy bike. Bike and trailer fit in the space under the stairs. Etc.

Don't quit getting groceries with your trailer. Driving is totally bogus dude and you know it. Haha.
Wife has her own hardtail MTB with panniers and she likes riding that. When we go shopping she rides that and I ride my commuter with a trailer attached. Maybe we're too old but neither of us thinks much about giving her a ride on the BD So yeah, there ya go!

Oh, yeah, and that too: with a loaded BD I have to come to a dead stop with feet down; and with a trailer I can stand often briefly enough to wait for a light or whatever it is that is stopping me. Also, the trailer is much easier and quicker to load and unload (it's a large plastic bin/tote with a lid).