View Single Post
Old 06-08-18, 01:08 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4412 Post(s)
Liked 1,566 Times in 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
This is demonstrably false. I pointed out how they were in fact related (due primarily to the same type of inter-molecular interactions being responsible for both), and gave you some examples. The fact that you can find a few counter-examples does not prove your original assertion.

Had you said "melting points and viscosity aren't always related," you would have made an accurate statement.

You can make most things less viscous by adding water or a small non-polar molecule, depending on what it is that you are using. That isn't the same as melting it. I can solubilize paraffin in n-hexane. Squirt is primarily solubilized paraffin.
So, I made a statement about chain lubricants, that you removed from its context, abstracted, and then got angry at me for being argumentative?

Let me ask you an in-context question: Is the relatively high melting point of paraffin wax predictive of its viscosity relative to other chain lubricants? That was the point I was making before you decided that I was writing a statement destined for an article in Nature about chemical engineering.

I really can't tell if you are unable to tell the difference between contextual and general statements, or if you just like to argue.