Old 06-05-19, 12:59 PM
annabanananana

Bikes: For now whatever friends give me or whatever looks good at the dump. Will update.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks fietsbob, I love your old washed out saddle bag (random I know but it reminds me of a handlebar one I've lost long ago ... )

Curious about your therapist's reasoning, because there's only one therapist who's also a bike fitter whom I aware of, and he's nowhere near you. The relationship of a person to a particular bike fit is not obvious.
Your answer is gold. About the rad therapist, roughly it's about making sure that certain muscles group don't overtake other muscles which could eventually create unbalance. I have been immobilised in a quite strange position for month, a resulting in my upper back muscles being completely melted but the lower back and hips muscles being overworked, so we're working on that.
For the position I should also state I'm wearing some sort of corset most days, so I can't go too wrong and I don't spend days on end on my bike currently anyway. Regardless, I'm (maybe irrealistically) aiming for a perfect recovery (and ideally back to climbing in a year or two).
She's not a bike fitter though, works with athlete in general but nothing bike specific. Where is your guy? I'm still in a lot of pain and I don't ever see myself using any other mode of transportation than a bike, so if he can help out in anyway I'd sure like to know.

And you are right, my therapist wants me to use as little shoulder as possible for now, so maybe not this classic road position (although I get always back to it because it's so tiring and inefficient to cruise like a dutch in a city as hilly as mine). The straight back is okay regarding little bumps, because anyway since it hurts so bad I'm out of the saddle any time the pavement is less than perfect (which fortunately isn't often in Switzerland).

Hope that explains it. I trust this therapist. And again, your answer is gold (and very pink as well... loving that lycra warrior outfit). You are right, I'll get someone to fit a new uncut fork for me for once. I'm too scared to charge with the stem riser I've installed anyway.