Old 06-16-19, 05:24 PM
Oceanblue

Bikes: Surly Pacer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
New Beginnings

So the last 8 plus years I was riding an old Trek 1200. I bought it used from LBS. It was never comfortable and I attributed the uncomfortableness to my back.
The Trek and I never had a good relationship. I never wanted to upgrade to a better bike because I thought it was me and biking that were not a good match.
I could not understand how people could be on a bike for more then an hour. I biked to try and stay healthy but it hurt my back.

Finally I had enough and bought this Surly Pacer that had been sitting all alone in the bike shop. I really had serious doubts that it would be much different but something had to change.
My first ride about a month or so ago was all the difference in the world. It felt great !
I started biking every day{16.5 miles** and that really wasn't challenging enough. So I added a second ride of the day with my wife doing the same route. I felt like a new man.The early ride is for me and the second ride is with her. Last week I hit 199.5 miles and this week 197.5. Yesterday I did a Century metric 64.5 mile ride on Virginia's Eastern Shore and learned a ton about riding in groups versus solo riding.
I'm thrilled to be back in love with biking.
Thanks !!

I used to love biking when I was younger and that love has returned at 58 years of age.

Last edited by Oceanblue; 06-17-19 at 07:31 AM.