genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I've never found those driving simulator games to be particularly realistic feeling, although it could be a programming thing. I think some flight training simulators are good, although, again, they may not give an accurate feel for the plane.

The "written" exams are now being done on computer which can include video scenarios. I think the kids have to get something like 80% right, but I do think there should be some "Veto" questions that if they are wrong it is an automatic failure. Things like cross walk questions, safe passing of bicycles, etc.

When I took my driving exam, years ago, I was instructed to pull up behind two kids crossing a moderately busy 3 or 4 lane street on their bikes. I had no idea what to do, so I just sat and waited for them to cross... and didn't fail the test.

They should take statistics on written questions that are frequently failed. On my written exam, there was a question about what to do if another car comes up behind oneself. Speed up, maintain speed, or slow down. I think the actual answer required more situational information than was provided in the question.
Yeah, those simulators are so easy... every one should pass, eh?