Old 05-29-21, 04:40 AM
poiuyt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
To see if a GRX crank will fit, first measure your BB width. If its 68mm, you're good. If 73, there is no way to make that fit. If a 68mm, your next issues are arm clearance and chainring clearance. Since you have the bike, eyeball your setup and see if you have 2mm to go towards the frame.

MTB and road hollowtech BBs are different (spacers, width, and longer threading) but can be used interchangeably. You may have to remove your setup and remove spacers to make it work though.

I'd suggest going to 800 GRX to save 100g over the 600 model.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm not at home this week, so I can't measure but will do it when I'm back. When doing my homework, I found a thread about someone willing to do it on a 2021 Dual Sport 4, but I can't transpose the experience: the 2021 DS4 has 68mm but 3 spacers, I don't have spacers (according to the picture I took for the serial number). But if it appears to be a 68mm, that's indeed a good thing, there is more offering in gravel products for this kind of cranksets.

Originally Posted by Ryan_M
Weird coincidence, the GF has a 2020 DS3 and I have a 2020 Roam 1. I upgraded my drivetrain to a full M8000 setup and put my hand-me-downs on the GF's bike. It was pretty much a full M6000 package except the crank, which has now been replaced with a M6000 to complete the group.

Sorry I don't have any experience with the GRX line but if you have any questions otherwise lemme know.
Interesting, thanks to let it know. Which kind of chainring did you install? Did you use the MTB-ones (34/36 teeths)?

Last edited by poiuyt; 05-29-21 at 05:16 AM.