View Single Post
Old 09-06-19, 12:06 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
What is your point? Is that [US-6] the road the cyclist was hit on? BTW, I've checked. I can't find where I said the quoted. Could you please point it out for me? Anyway, I thought that was an east/west road, something about sun in the drivers eyes was said. Pulling out I see a beach road that parallels US-6. I'm not going to work any harder at this. I was commenting on your post as written, not its content. I can't remember, did the road the cyclist get hit on have two lanes in each direction like US-6? Not that it matters much. The cyclist should never have been hit like that. But they were. So the driver should see the inside of a jail cell for some period of time. Did they stop? Have they been identified? Someone said the driver was female?

The A&S forum exists largely to vent the frustrations of a cycling community caught in the bizarro world reality stemming from the fact that a tortured system of inequality that favors overwhelmingly those Americans that drive motor vehicles exists. It has turned the Criminal Justice System into an absolute joke with respect to restitution for the non-driving victims of motorist violence. The rare exceptions arise mainly when the driver belongs to a scapegoat class of American. Recently in NYC a young ethnic driver's egregiously reckless behavior resulted in the death of another person. He will be paying for his and others' crimes for some time to come. The planets won't align like that again for some time. In the meantime ... carry on ...

Last edited by Leisesturm; 09-06-19 at 12:11 PM.