LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11393 Post(s)
Liked 4,731 Times in 2,757 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
I'm thinking about selling my Chinese carbon bike and got the idea to see if anyone here can help me figure out a fair price for it. If any of you are actually interested in it, let me know. I just don't need the hassle of keeping up with three bikes anymore.

It's a Workswell 066 frame in 54 cm size. That is the nearly perfect knock off of an older generation Cervelo R3. Even the plastic fittings are engraved "Cervelo". Workswell isn't making that frame any more, which is a shame. It is really sweet. Fork and seat post are carbon from Workswell. The steerer is stll 23 cm long from crown to underneath of the top cap. Headset is one of the better Cane Creek types, probably the "40" level. Saddle is Terry Fly Carbon. A great, really comfortable saddle. Stem is FSA OS-99, their lightest. Shifters and levers are SRAM mechanical Red 11-speed. Crank is an older FSA 5-spider K-Force Light, their best at the time. BB is also FSA's best steel, not ceramic. The frame is built to take a BBRight BB, but works great with the much more common 386 spindle, PF30 bearing cups, and the necessary spacers. Freewheel is alloy from Bob Dopolina, is fairly new and really works well. Brakes are Zero Gravity Ti. Ergo handlebar is Easton EC? 90 I think, but older. The wheels have Bike Hub Store Chinese hubs, Chinese low profile carbon tubular rims, and Sapim Laser spokes. They weigh only 999 g and ride great. Tires are Vittoria Corsa, one is the newer Corsa G. They are 25mm wide. I will include one or two lightly used Red steel freewheels and a brand new, never glued, Corsa G tire. Also a once mounted cheapo tire to carry as a spare on rides and a few rolls of Tufo mounting glue tape.

IIRC, weight of the bike without pedals, bottle cages or computer/fittings is in the high 12#s. Seriously!

Does $1,500 sound about right? Plus packing and shipping cost? I think I was able to squeeze my original cost down to about $4,000 with some careful parts shopping. This is a good opportunity for someone to get into tubular tires.

Oh, I forgot to mention, it's black in case you didn't notice.

I'd hit it. Too small, and dare I say, I have too many bikes, but that would sure be a good racer.