Old 04-04-18, 07:25 AM
Amitoj

Bikes: Bianchi Campione, Specialized Diverge Comp E5

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
Agreed. And the latest "fad" diet is low carb. A poster above claimed they can see it on the scale the next morning when they had rice the night before for dinner! Really? How many pounds of rice are they eating, and what is mixed in with it?
Please quote the original post that you refer. It makes it easier to discuss. In this case, you doubted my claim without quoting me. Don't be lazy.

Originally Posted by OBoile
The rice is causing him to retain some water which (temporarily) causes him to gain weight. It's not permanent and I don't think he implied it was.
Yes, that's what I implied. Thanks for clarifying it.

Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
There are entire civilizations with extremely low levels of obesity that ate/eat tons of rice as a main staple. Go figure.
Correlation does not imply causation.

Case in point being the recent fall from grace of fish oil.

Originally Posted by Altimis
Rice (carb) itself, does not cause water retention unless you were glycogen depleted or serious imbalance salt-potossium.

As expected, you will gains back glycogen weight that bounded to water intake when you eat carb but not fluctuate more than 1-2lbs (1kg).

The real villain here that cause water retention was low fluids intake (of course, water, not sugar drinks), high salt intake, imbalance electrolytes from sweats and not fill it up.
Yes, I dont eat just rice. I eat it with other food that has salt in it. But I love it so much that I binge on it once a week. Naturally, my weight would go up by 3-4 pounds the next day but then go back to its average value in a couple of days. Once I saw the pattern, I stopped worrying about the spike. And after some time, I stopped weighing myself every day.