View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 04:49 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Nothing to speak of at the dump on Wednesday, June 10. No bicycles but there was a bear and a fish. Neither came home with me...

Then yesterday, June 13, 2020, there was nothing at the dump, again. With that in mind and in need of a fix, I headed off to the Dorion landfill site. There was one bike that and it almost caught my attention, but it stayed where it was also...

Well, I was about to call it quits and make the 15 kilo meter drive back to the cottage. But as I approached the lake road turn off, I changed my mind and headed for The Sleeping Giant dump. There were several bikes there, but most were pushed and damaged...

The attendant came over to see how I was doing. I had already stopped and asked permission to look for and take an old bike, if I found one. He said sure. Anyway, I had just about looked through the whole scrap metal pile and with no luck to speak of. I went over to his shack, to thank him for allowing me to look, adding that I liked fixing up old Ten Speeds. Once that tidbit of information was offered, he invited me to follow him beside the run down shed. There, surrounded by this, that and another thing, sat three bikes (actually four), and all in nice shape (shiny at least)...

This old Hiawatha came pretty close to capturing my attention. Hard to fit two bikes into Mrs. Me's Honda so the roadster stayed at the Sleeping Giant landfill site. However...

One of the set aside bicycles was this early eighties Peugeot Super Sport, complete with a perfect set of rims for my Torpado Professional build. Needless to say, the free (not counting the 60 km drive) Peugeot is in the man cave right now, stuck post, stem and all...

Last edited by randyjawa; 06-14-20 at 04:52 PM.
Likes For randyjawa: