View Single Post
Old 08-04-20, 01:12 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4389 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
They must not be very busy at the moment. I ordered a new set of wheels from their Global source (i.e., China) on 7/16, and they shipped today (7/31). That's fast. Let's see how long they take to get to Minnesota. I
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Unless the shipping bill was horrendously expensive...odds are very high it is coming by boat which means at least a calendar month if coming from China. All the logistics hubs out of China have been swamped with XMas and Black Friday level demand for goods; and there literally wasn't any spare boat space....with quarantines and no-fly countries; air shipment has increased in cost 5x fold at least. Many retailers are no longer offering overseas air freight, as it devours all their profit margin and more.
Wheels arrived in Memphis this morning and Fedex delivery is scheduled for tomorrow morning 8/5, so that's 20 days from pushing the button to delivery from the Worldwide (China) source. It's true that I paid significantly more for faster delivery, but with logistics disruptions and all, that's pretty fast.
Likes For MinnMan: