Old 08-10-20, 09:40 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 184 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I'm close to adding a BTS dual bottle mount on the road bike to go with the two on the frame. Just tired of putting TWO bottles in my jersey for those 3-4 hour summer rides. I don't feel comfortable stopping somewhere during Covid.

Then I could freeze a pair and put ice in one and be good to go.

I've thought about the backpack but I use my jersey pockets for nutrition, phone, minipump, etc....
Sounds like you're looking for the same thing I am. As you mention, COVID makes things even more weird in that if I simply want to get water somewhere (even if I find a store or gas station), I'll have to put on a mask and leave my very expensive bike unattended while I shop for something to drink and eat.

I have thought about simply putting a bottle in my back pocket... perhaps I should try that first. One bottle would probably get me the extra range I'm looking for, but I also put a pump, phone, and food in back and that might be a bit much to stuff in my pockets and not annoy the bajeebers out of me while riding. Maybe I just need to hire my own personal sag wagon ;-)