View Single Post
Old 05-22-14, 07:24 AM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have never done the BCC but I have ridden on some of those roads. The climbs around the state forests are long grinders, typical Berkshires stuff. How selective will they be in a road race, I don't know.

The Kermis is on a modified version of our Tuesday night worlds course. Flat, wide open, windy, and should be stupid fast. I think Lime Rock has an M55+ but like gsteinb I could end up at the crit instead.

A few major changes for this year in the area.

Longsjo will be a three criterium series this year for some categories. Leominster, Worcester, and Fitchburg. Right now it looks like the M40+ will get all three but omnium points are unknown. Last I knew they were looking for a sponsor for it. The week before is starting to shape up like a "speed weeks" type of event, with Berger, Exeter, and Longsjo. All different promoters but I hope this is a trend.

White Plains is the NY State Criterium Championship this year so they will have an M55+ field. This is my next A race.

There has been a new race added in downtown Danbury. It's not a DD race so it has a chance of making it. My brother lives in the area and can't wait to watch the bro suffer, so I am hoping it sticks.

There was a new race scheduled in downtown Milford but it was recently cancelled. No idea why.

Finally, Chris Thater moves from Recreation Park to a downtown course that looks spectacular. I will miss the hill though.