Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
I'm not clear if you are a rider or coach. I think it is a great course. The gravel in the downhill off-camber 120 degree turn will be interesting, but there is no cliff to fall off. I think that will be cleaned up.

I'm not sure if I'll be in the feed zone or driving reverse course and videoing. I'll be in that 10 year old black Benz off the side of the road. I do not look like a rider. Say hello. And if you are a rider, ride next to a USAFA kid and wave and you might make it on video.

As Posted the TTT confirmed where the power is. I don't think the smaller teams have a chance. But then I hope the big teams care much more about beating each other than the little gnat teams/riders that get caught up in it. That would provide some opportunity.
Never got back to you (or saw you out there). I was racing for the University of Washington at the event. I was able to see myself in your crit video. Purple kit, black and orange helmet, stealth / matte carbon bike.

I had two pretty bad days. Really wasn't fit enough to compete. Got stuck on the wrong side of a gap up the climb for the first time and then struggled with the descent and the hard 120 degree corner. Ended up in the grass having to get off the bike and remount..
Group echeloned and was VERY close to catching back on but didn't quite make it. Rode the rest of the race hopping up and between groups basically alone.

Crit, ended up with a back row call up so I started about 10 feet off the back to get clipped in and moving before everyone else. Got caught behind the first crash of the day on lap 2 or 3 in the 2nd to last corner. Easily made it back to the group. Then I got caught behind a bigger crash in the hard corner. All the marshalls were telling us to slow down into the corner. Big gap opened and when the group is going almost 30mph, impossible to close back down on that. End of my day 8 minutes into the race. Rode for ~12 more minutes before getting pulled.

Overall a very cool event to attend, but my fitness wasn't there to compete with any of the dudes who showed up. Oh well, get back at it. Racing is just getting started locally.