tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by sweeks
The last Tern recall was for frames made between August 2011 and April 2012. It's important to know if any given frame that fails is outside those manufacturing dates. Also, unfortunately some owners did not register their bikes, or sold the bikes without advising the subsequent owner, so they couldn't be recalled. If these turn up cracked, it's not really a good basis for gratuitous criticism of Tern. They had a problem and they handled it.
(Full disclosure: I own a Tern Verge S11i, which had its frame recalled, unbroken, and replaced. I have about 4,000 miles on the new frame and am completely comfortable riding it.)
Actually, there's another NEW BREAK on a more recent folder from Tern. Apparently, the owner says he may have gone overboard, and done more than the specs recommended, but there's definitely other frames, SOLD AFTER the dates you've listed, that are out there.

FYI: I'm a TernJoeP24 owner, so I've a vested interest as well. I may not have a bike that was recalled,...but I'm always worried about the possibility of a frame failure. Tern was a NIGHTMARE to deal with when this originally happened,... I highly doubt there'd be a more acceptable response if my frame failed. YMMV,...I'm not sold on their credibility.