tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by berlinonaut
So, as you seem to know it: How many Tern bikes have failed? And how many of the other brands have failed? All we know is how many Tern bike have been recalled, but that doesn't say a thing about how many have really failed nor about how many have had the potential failure inside. The number of bikes i.e. Brompton recalled recently were, if I remember correctly, far higher than the number of bikes Tern recalled. Still only a very tiny fraction of the recalled Bromptons have had a real issue.

They did not lock out customers from the forum - they locked out a competitor (Downtube) who within Tern's own forums discredited the brand, using a fake identity, and - after being thrown out - registered again and did the same thing again until he got thrown out again (if I remeber correctly) and then started to complain publically, i.e. in this forum.

Where did they do that? Do you have any link, proof or deeper knowledge?

That is a very simple-minded attitude. If two brands suffer from the same issue and one does a recall while the other does not the brand who does not perform a recall is the better and more reliable brand? really? I'd say the opposite: The one who does perform a recall takes responsibility. No doubt Tern could have done better in regards of communication and speed of the reaction and surely their behaviour did not foster the trust in the brand - but in my eyes you defitively massively overreact and judge totally wrong in their case, only reconizing even the tiniest thing that speaks against them (including things that are just rumors, have been told in a very one-sided way or simply did never happen) while ignoring everything that speaks for them.

Brompton did never perform a recall for their braking frames in the 90ies. Still they broke and still do on those old bikes.

Based on what? Belief?
I had been one of the people locked out of the tern forum, and there were multiple individuals who voiced their issues with tern. There was never a finish concerning this issue, and this has been stated in quite a few other forums. Tern attempted to ignore there was any issues,... This isn't a belief, it's a fact. If you want proof go look for it, I'm not interested in validating anything to you.

Ignore list qualified,...

Last edited by tds101; 04-24-19 at 01:30 PM.