GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
2 friends had to get new engine compartment undertray covers, just a big piece of plastic. The Audi part costs ~$900 & the Honda part was ~$300. In America one can't even drive fast so why pay $$ for an Autobahn car? At least with a $5K bike one can ride as fast as one wants.
There's still speed limits.

I was heading home through Bethpage State Park and the exit road from the parking lot is a nice down hill with a curve at the bottom. I was hammering it and when I came around the curve there was a state police car. When i got to the exit I heard the "blip" from a police siren so I pulled over to let him by... but he also pulled over.

The officer said he was doing paperwork and had his radar on when it beeped. He had it set to 35mph and when he looked I was the only one in sight. I told him according to my bike computer I was doing 37mph so it must be me.

He said bicycles must obey the posted speed limits just like cars and gave me a warning. He then commented on my bike and was amazed how light it was.

I do know that some of the AA groups have gotten tickets for speeding and running stop signs at he SUNY Old Westbury campus road that circles the college.
Likes For GlennR: