Old 07-12-20, 03:49 PM
Ross520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
So I am slow as h311 but I’ve ridden with some friends over the last year, one used to race enduro, one was a xc runner at a pac12 school, and one runs everyday with his military unit. I seem to enjoy climbing better than all of them. Is there such a thing as a natural climber? I am not a big dude but at 173, 68” I could lose 20lbs easy. I also ride a crmo bike that’s not light.
Are you saying you're faster up the mountain, or just enjoy it more?
​​​​​​
Because the two are quite different.
​​​​​
So, obviously, human beings are not created equally, right?

Some are stronger physically, others mentally, and a select few have the entire package. The latter category is what your typical professional cyclist or extremely elite recreational rider falls under. Most of us are likely somewhere in-between.

A "natural climber" in my book would be someone very petite, yet strong, and well-conditionded. This individual also has an above average-sized heart (every single sport has a few of these cardio superhumans), and is very comfortable in the pain threshold.

These are the people that blast by you on the mountain at twice your speed, and are already on their second run as you' start to make your descent. True mountain goats.
Likes For Ross520: