Old 07-13-20, 11:29 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
The Greenspot Bridge. Built for rail traffic in 1912, and used in that capacity until around the 1940s. Converted to a roadway when the rails were removed, used for road traffic until (I think) 2010 when I new roadbridge was constructed. Bridge sat until 2016, when it was restored, and converted to a multi-use path, which is intended to be part of a larger pathway system that may or may not ever be completed. Out of frame to the near right, the Seven Oaks Dam; waaaayy out of frame (and well beyond the horizon) to the left, the Pacific Ocean. Bonus: box 'o White Claws near the railing.

Originally Posted by Hikebikerun
Is this a winner?
I'll have to admit, I didn't even realize it was an entry until I re-read the description. (Rail -> Road -> Bike Trail.) I was thinking of something more recent, and certainly not where something brand new was built just for the motor traffic, I'll say it's a winner.

View of New Greenspot Bridge from Old Greenspot Bridge.

We let our old bridges go to such ruin that we had to build a brand new bridge nearby, and this old one is going to be replaced, someday. The plans look nice, I might even get a chance to ride on the finished product during the 2020's.

-mr. bill
Likes For mr_bill: