Old 12-24-07, 09:06 PM
Charles Wahl
Disraeli Gears

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 214 Posts
Claimed by redneckwes

OK, one 1977 Canada-built Raleigh Grand Prix frame and fork, dark blue with medium blue panels, 60 cm c-t, with rough headset, questionable bottom bracket (both the dreaded 26 tpi) and cranks, for the price of shipping only. The frame is not spectacular in the decals department, but the paint isn't terrible, and there's no rust to speak of. The headset roughness could probably be fixed using common parts (bottom race and cup), and the BB felt fine while the crank was on, but kinda gritty once it was off. The Weinmann centerpulls and levers offered by dbaki would probably work on this frame, so I'd like miamijim's (the PIF admin) permission to lump them together if a giftee is so inclined.

Whoever takes it will actually be doing my family a favor -- I live in a small apartment and have somehow collected 4 bikes, when I can only store 3. If it's not taken here within a week or so, then I'll have to sacrifice to CraigsList locally.

Edit: still available for the taking, and a set of Weinmann centerpull calipers and levers is included, thanks to dbaki.

Last edited by Charles Wahl; 12-28-07 at 10:13 PM.