View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 11:51 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
This was kind of a weird week. Thursday I knew I would be cutting it close with an expected storm in the afternoon. I should have done my usual Davis Is. evening ride since it was closer to home. However, I thought I would still have enough time if I went into the wind first to Picnic Is. WRONG! The wind was already killing me heading out and I expected to get a good tailwind back. The storm caused the wind to shift and I got it in the face the whole way. It was blowing so hard I turned a corner and almost came to a stand still. Then the rain came down in buckets. I got home completely soaked. When I went to check my bike the next day I heard water sloshing around in the frame. I had to take off the seat post and hang it up to let the water pour out. 32 miles of agony. Saturday, a few miles from home, I almost got creamed by a car that ran a yield sign at full speed. A few blocks latter I stop at a light. A street person began to cross over in my direction. As he was walking towards me he kept yelling "this is the second time they've done this". He was wearing dirty clothes and a filthy surgical mask (I think it had blood on it too). He was making a bee line for me so I ran the red light and got the heck out of there. This was all in the first 4 miles of my journey. Anyhow, the rest of the 38 miles was an uneventful trip around S. Tampa. Sunday was relatively peaceful 44 miles on the Courtney Campbell trail - Phillippe Park route. Hotter than heck already.