Old 07-31-20, 08:16 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
Taking advantage of someone’s graciousness ?

I consider myself a pretty determined cyclist and try to ride at least 3 times a week or more if time allows. I don’t ride at a slow pace, I try to push myself, get in some hills, make a good ride of it. 40 miles is easy for me.
Occasionally I ride with a group of wonderful people who’ve been riding a bit (or considerably) longer than me and they flat kick my butt on rides exceeding 40 miles. It’s not the distance that beats me, it’s the speed and non stop cycling I can’t do. I’m accustomed to riding close to the same speed but stopping more and they just move out.
Ive contemplated leaving the group as it has to be annoying to see me coming in sooo far behind after these longer rides. They insist it’s ok and tell me to stay but I’m not certain it’s a good fit. I am getting stronger due to them driving me but I can’t believe most groups would be content with this ?