Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-12-20, 11:57 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3359 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Pending getting everything straight, but probably, and yes. I've just heard so much good about his work, and stainless makes a ton of sense for gravel. As for the can't imagine custom, that goes through my head, but is it really any different from committing to another frame? If I got an Aspero and then realized after a year that I didn't like it, it's still a wasted frame purchase, and I don't know that it's more likely with one geometry than another. It's the kind of thing that makes bike (and laptop) purchases very difficult for me.
I guess the difference between a custom and an off the shelf frame is that, with a custom, I would be the one signing off on the frame specs so if it turns out to be rubbish then it's more than just a bad choice - it would be my own bad design decision. In reality I know that the builder works with you and probably wouldn't build a bad frame just because the customer wanted it.

That's from not running enough; I forget the explanation but it's about the synchrony of your abs with your stride. That takes a few months of running to get through and then you're just done with it.
Interesting. The internet can't seem to agree what it is, but at least it has consensus about making sure you don't eat much before a run.