Old 03-07-11, 10:13 AM
holten53

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all, this is my first time posting and I could really use some help deciding on a bike to buy for my upcoming triathlon. This will be my second triathlon coming up in april. In my first triathlon I used a mountain bike and I now know how important it is to use a road bike this time.

So here is my question: I am trying to decide between a few different bikes in the $700 to $800 dollar range I know my choices are very limited in this range, but I can't put any more money into a bike. I have looked at the Felt F95, Z100, and the Trek 1.1. I have only ridden the Trek as of now and wasnt completely impressed. I am leaning toward the F95 because it has upgrades on the Trek such as better derailleurs and a carbon fork. I also like that the frame is more of a tri geometry.

I have also checked out ebay and craigslist but have not found any good deals yet. I would rather buy from an LBS for the free maintenance and fitting since I am new to biking.

My triathlon is only 6 weeks away and I really need to get started with my bike training, so any advice or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!