Old 02-14-19, 04:22 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by panchothepug
I'm planning a 6-day trip with 4 days of riding covering 150-200 miles route between San Francisco and Santa Barbara, during the 3rd or the 4th week of March 2019. I'll be using Adventure Cycling maps. The whole distance from San Francisco to Santa Barbara is 383.5 miles. My first choice is Monterrey to San Luis Obispo at about 150 miles, but I'm open to other starting/finishing points if I find companion(s).

I'm an experienced rider with Red Cross First Aid training and will be doing credit card touring.

Another idea I'm considering is to fly into San Luis Obispo and doing different day rides.
this is what i'd be considering. you can tap segments of both the coastal and inland routes from monterey south to approx 25 miles north of santa barbara, that's a lot of ground and variety.
superunderrated part of california. great riding with less traffic. miles of smiles.

Rides - SLOBC

scroll down until you find something that fits your style. lots of rides with or w/o others. oh...looks like you've already located that site.

this semi-recent and semi-relevant (area south of san luis obispo) thread may or may not be helpful...

www.bikeforums.net/southern-california/1160420-cycling-around-santa-maria.html

Last edited by diphthong; 02-14-19 at 04:32 AM.