Old 04-12-19, 12:23 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by atbman
Reference have been made to Lance Armstrong being one of the most tested riders. I'd remind you that, in his Oprah appearance, he said that out of competition testing was virtually unknown in his day (or words to that effect). Froome, on the other hand, had been tested 70 times, in and out of competition, in the year before his first TdF win. It seems unlikely that he could have avoided detection if he was using PEDs which were against the rules. I'll cheerfully admit that, as a Brit, I'm inclined to be somewhat biased in his favour.
I can remember Lance during his Tour run stating that one year he was tested over 200 times both in and out of competition. I also remember him saying that they would come to his house in the middle of the night knocking on the door to test him. So, compared to Froome, he was tested a lot more.

As for Froome, aka Puff Daddy, he did test a failure of his puffer meds. Twice the allowable limit and from what I understand, you cannot get to that limit buy simply using an inhaler. So, something smells. The fact that he was given the clear after failing the test is more than enough to guess that if they really wanted him and Sky like they did with Lance, then he would be toast. Not to mention that the Sky doctor who was supposed to testify over in England has had his testimony put on indefinite hold supposedly due to health issues. So along with the puffing comes the infamous "jiffy" bags that involve Sky and Bradley Wiggins.

Froome is on the sauce no doubt. To many suspicious rides for me. The Giro last year did it for me. One day he is a toad and the next he is flying like he has a motor on his bike. Very suspicious. I like the guy but I'm not going to close my eyes and say just because they have not caught him, he is not doping. So far this year, he does not look very good so it will be interesting to see if he suddenly turns a corner for the Tour.

For the most part, I really don't care. The guys still have to pedal. Everyone who competes wants that edge no matter what sport. You will never rid the sport or sports in general of drug enhancements so just let them do it. They know the risks, so on with the show.

But it is silly to sit there and think the UCI is catching everyone. Nonsense. They catch a few just to make it seem like they are doing something.

john