Old 08-11-20, 08:14 PM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
I hope my employers never figure out that all they need to do in order to get me to work a bunch of hours at all hours of the day (including 10:15 at night currently, after starting my day at 6 AM or so) is set really, really high expectations.

It's been really nice being back at my old employer, I really enjoyed working there, and I had a great team of people that I worked with. But my name proceeds me (as does my entire old team, they got scattered somewhat, but we were the original ones who set up a lot of these systems, and we did it on a skeleton crew, and honestly were pretty good at what we did), and my reputation seems to have only grown since I left (and it was honestly bigger than it should've been even then). I honestly have people I used to work with saying that newer people who never worked with me talk about me in like hushed tones of reverence, it's silly. I have no idea why.

Add that to the fact that I've been out of this particular part of the game for like 3.5 years and I'm now a high-paid consultant, and I'm feeling a bit of pressure.