View Single Post
Old 06-20-17, 03:08 PM
Chader09

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
Does it bob enough to be an issue when climbing out of the saddle or sprinting? What I like about it is that it looks pretty much like a regular stem.
That will depend a bit on the spring settings you choose. But at what I have now, there is only a slight movement that is noticeable.

Ultimately, you get used to it and it essentially disappears beneath you. I remember it at times when I smack something really big and wonder how bad it would have felt without it in place. But it really works so seamlessly that you just don't notice it that much.

I think that is a compliment since it does the job (and very well based on my 200 miles so far) and you really don't think about it much. The rotation at the bars is noticeable on the larger hits, but I countered it with a slight increase in starting angle (about 2* up). I plan to try some softer settings to see how it works at the max limit of travel.

I think balancing the spring settings and tire pressure will take some testing, but ultimately can yield a great mix of small and large bump control.

For the $140, I don't know if there is a better upgrade to a gravel bike other than tires.