View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 04:56 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
My point would be that despite his disclaimer that (for him) a 7:00 start was too early to ride a bike in, one must adjust priorities to fit the situation.

Would you go to Marine basic training and explain to your drill sergeant that the day began "too early" for you? It's all about choices. Our bodies are pretty adaptable.
Huh? I'm honestly lost at this point. I'm not in Marine basic training, or anything remotely comparable. As far as I know, I still (for now) live in a country where I'm allowed to make personal choices about when I want to go to sleep, get up, how I want to go to work, how I want to get there. If I had no choice, had no car, had no money for a car, or wanted to ride, I would CHOOSE to do this. But who are you to judge me because I don't get up at 5:10 or would fail "Marine basic training"? I don't want to adapt, and I don't have to, so there's no need for you to worry about what I do, thanks. Does it rally bother you that I ride a bike simply for fun and fitness?

Last edited by cthenn; 05-08-19 at 05:03 PM.
Likes For cthenn: