Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 54, 55 in December

Trek 520
League Fuji
Nishiki Kodiac

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
no
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

It takes me longer to recover. Being a few lbs overweight, I must pace myself much more than in my younger years.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

On and off, all my life. Left the bike in the garage when our kids were young and tried golfing for a few years but got bored and came back to biking full time in 2002.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?

Long ride on week-ends, three day tours, and one day long rides when going out of town on La Route Verte in Quebec. Credit card toured with my son on Prince-Edward Island in 1992. Biked as close to the sea as possible and went all around the island, over 1000 km. Went on my first tour when I was 14 years old. Biked from Edmundston, New-Brunswick to Limestone, Maine to visit the Loring Air Force Base Air Show. Approx. 100 miles return. Rear hub fell apart in Limestone and local bike mechanic fixed it for nothing. I am still very grateful and often think of this mechanic 40 years after it happened. I had one dollar left in my pocket.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?

On average, I ride about 2 days per week, more when on holidays. About 1000 to 1500 km per year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?

Only biking and hiking for the time being but plan to go on an exercise program when I retire soon.