View Single Post
Old 10-01-16, 06:45 AM
redbagsrambler

Bikes: Trek 520, Bianchi Volpe and too many more to name

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have the Lone Peak Alta. In fact, I've had two of them. It has a main pocket, a "hidden" pocket inside the main pocket, two side mesh pockets and a large front pocket in addition to the clear map case on the top. From a storage functionality perspective, this is a well designed bag. I really like the bag. It is very useful on the bike and its simple detachment makes it a great shoulder bag when leaving the bike. I often use it as my airline carry-on.

But with all that said, the bag does have shortcomings. As has been mentioned, anything in the front pocket will likely get soaked if riding in rain. That has happened to me a number of times so I only put things in the front pocket which can withstand getting wet. I keep water sensitive items in small plastic bags in the main compartment. The main compartment offers better protection but I've had things get wet in there as well, though not as much. There is an optional waterproof handlebar bag cover, but if used it prohibits viewing of the map on top of the bag. I also recommend anyone considering this bag to get a spare handlebar mounting bracket. I snapped mine once (from user error, not due to a product flaw) and the bag was useless until I got another. Good to have a spare at home instead of having to wait for one to be delivered, or you can put it on another bike to be able to use the bag on multiple bikes.

Even with these shortcomings, I would not hesitate to get this bag again. It really is a good bag and I've gotten very good service out of mine.