Old 11-07-19, 08:17 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 838:

7 degrees F. Are you kidding me? It's still early November! And they're talking about colder weather next week. No "slowly adapting to the colder temps" happening this year. Ugh.

Lots of ice and snow on the ground. We only got about 1/2" yesterday so it wasn't deep, but because it wasn't cleared off the pavement and MUP the low temps caused it to turn pretty hard. All the tire tracks and footprints were lumpy chunks of ice.

I rode the fat bike again today. I think this is the 6th time I've commuted on it, but it will be the first 20 mile day I've logged. It took a full 50 minutes to ride the 8 miles to our office.

I did have the foresight to install my bar mitts on it last night. That kept my hands nice and toasty. My legs took the brunt of the cold. My thighs were quite red when I was changing. Normally at single digits and lower I wear an extra thermal layer under my winter pants but I forgot and dressed too light. That's interesting, because usually this early in the season I make the mistake of dressing too warm.

When I arrived at work there was someone else using the shower room after running on the treadmill. That rarely ever happens. Usually I'm the only one in the workout room. I'm not complaining though, because it's good that someone is getting some exercise. I don't mind waiting my turn for the shower.